Here are some stats from the OECD’s latest study courtesy of the Washington Examiner:
- In 2015, an estimated 603.7 million adults and 107.7 million children worldwide were obese. That represents about 12 percent of all adults and 5 percent of all children.
- The prevalence of obesity doubled in 73 countries between 1980 and 2015and continuously increased in most of the other countries.
- China and India had the highest number of obese children. China and the U.S. had the highest number of obese adults.
- Excess body weight accounted for about 4 million deaths or 7.1 percent of all deaths in 2015.
- Almost 70 percent of deaths related to a high BMI were due to cardiovascular disease.
- The study finds evidence that having a high BMI causes leukemia and several types of cancer, including cancers of the esophagus, liver, breast, uterus, ovary, kidney and thyroid.
Weight Loss: Starts with the liver
By breaking down toxins stored in fat cells, this is a healthy way to begin any weigh loss program. Each time someone reduces their fat cell storage, they must take a liver cleanse to make sure the elevated toxins that result are processed so they don’t return as fat cells. Avoid The Toxin Bump. That is the weight that returns after a diet because the body is trying to store toxins in fat cells. Use Hepatiben and keep the weight off.
Available for purchase
Can Good Gut Health Reverse Hashimoto’s Disease?
Hashimoto’s disease is an autoimmune disorder where healthy thyroid tissue is attacked causing hyper or hypothyroidism, though most often it is the latter. This butterfly shaped gland at the base of the throat has many incredibly important regulatory functions. Understandably
Negative Effects of Bad Gut Health
If the old adage of “we are what we eat” holds true, that means that our gut is not experiencing a good time for most of us. Getting off track with our food choices isn’t a big deal when it
The Fatty Liver, Leaky Gut Connection
Leaky gut is a common medical term describing a porous digestive tract that allows partially digested food particles, bacteria and other pathogens free passage into our circulatory system. And when left unchecked, has negative ramifications for liver health as well.
What Are the Main Symptoms of Leaky Gut Repair
You may have heard about leaky gut syndrome and wondered what it is and how to correct it. Leaky gut occurs when the lining of your gut becomes damaged and can no longer function as the protective barrier that it
You shouldn’t be alarmed but your body has candida. This is true for both men and women, so don’t think you can avoid it. Candida is normally kept in check with other bacteria that we have in our bodies, but
Check Your Gut Health This Holiday Season
The holidays are upon us again, and many will find themselves experiencing increased gut health & digestive issues. It can be easy to take a break from typical dietary restrictions and discipline to enjoy more indulgent holiday meals. Increasingly, these